Pain on right hand side.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I had a full abdominal hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and was doing well up and about walking doing light house work.But now have a terrible pain on right hand side of my scar and my scar is swollen there seems to be a swelling above the scar painful to walk and move back on all meds I came out of hospital with plus oramorph.Has anyone else experienced this ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

This is major surgery!  You need to give your body sufficient time to heal.  I was told 6-8 weeks.  Please go back to your doctor to make sure you're okay. xx 

• Posted

I was told no housework for 6 wks. I think you are doing too much.

Ypu need to rest snd just small walks around the house and garden.

Id be ringing my consultant adapx

• Posted

I am not a medical professional but I am taking a guess that you have a stitched abcess and need antibiotics.

I am 2 weeks pvh for uterine and bladder prolapse with anterior and posterior repairs. My recovery has been brutal. Yesterday I was perscribed Augmentin for a stitched abcess that the Dr says is the caise for all of this pain.

What medications are you taking?

You will be in my prayers.

• Posted

Hi

im taking pain killers paracetamol oramoph and codine but this week feeling a bit better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.