Pain on Right lower side after colonoscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a colonoscopy on Wednesday. I was being checked for colon cancer. Reason being I constantly have horrible abdominal pains. Everything checked out fine in my procedure but it’s friday now and I find myself in horrible pain. Called the doctor that did the procedure and explained it hurt to walk or even move. Coughing or laughing was a no go either. Along with vomiting, heat flashes and passing out. Doctor said to get to the closes emergency room to get a CT. Went to the ER. Got a CT And was told nothing was wrong with me but constipation! I was confused because I had to do 2 preps. The first one didn’t work. It’s day 2 and I’ve been using the rest room but the pain seems to be getting worse. 

Can someone give me some insight please ??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Courtney SOME pharmacist have me actually after their names. If you have a good one ask for suggestions. May I ask, did they include a stool softener for you like dulcolax. They make one in a link box, I hear is extremely gentle. Someone would have to give me answers quick, or I would scratch this one and get a new plan, and reschedule hun.
    • Posted

MD after pharmacists name, I meant. Oh and I always listen to my body. Maybe address the constipation first then do another prep with NEW colonoscopy date. They won't get mad.

• Posted

It may be a mixture of things: constipation (which is probably the root cause of your problem), possibly a pulled muscle through straining (which would account for the pain when you move, laugh or cough) and muscle pain can be very bad. I know. I did it once in hospital. The other symptoms may be caused by stress as I expect you are very anxious about all this. The prep should clear you out and that might solve your problem short term and you can then alter your diet and perhaps take something to add fibre to your diet or soften your motions to stop you getting constipated again. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.