Pain on right side and sick on stomach

Posted , 2 users are following.

pain on right side from back to groin and also under right rib cage ,urine is dark yellow at times but have had several urine tests and they all are ok,pain started about 5 or 6 months ago in my back but now this . Going for ultrasound this Friday ,hoping and praying that it's nothing serious. I have no problem urinating and no burning but sometimes and not very often sharp pain when urinating, no blood but often has a bad smell and dark at times but then again urine test is always clear .some of the pain even feels like kinda burning or like a cut feels. Does anyone have a clue

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ted

I am 37 and just passed my 3rd stone over 18 years.  I know the first one was through ultrasound because the bugger wouldn’t shift. It was stook just above the ureter tube at the bottom of the kidney.  The one I just passed was about 1/4” but irregular shape. I produce calcium oxalate stones. So any foods high in oxalates tend to cause me problem, i.e spinach and almonds which I love unfortunately. The symptoms you describe, well back pressure on the flank tends to come from urine not being to pass through the kidney. The strong smell and dark pee I found was when the stone was actually moving but obviously restricting water flow like backing up dirty water so to speak. The pain you describe just under the rib cage, lower rib suggests it’s try long to start to come through. On this occasion my pain started here but no back pressure. With plenty of water I did start feeling the strange pains travelling slowly over days towards my bladder. I have a feeling it was in my bladder for good week and this was a bit of a nusienece. All in all took about 3/4 weeks to make its way out. I was on anti inflammatorys and pain killers. The obvious is required plenty of water. But I found don’t over do it with water don’t drink it consistently throughout the day. Get say 2/3 litres down you but then may be have a good dry spell for say 4/6 hrs then start again. I found this helped shift it. Consistent too much water flushes round the stone I believe but letting it sit and then with a flush behind it moves it. I also used pure lemon juice which apparently breaks down the stone 1 pint down every 3/4 days not nice. Also PLJ lemon juice pure juice in my water to keep it topped up

• Posted

thanks Sean kind of hope that's my problem my pain in my back started about 5 months ago gradually gotten worse or it's in my side and inside my right leg mostly in the evening when it bothers me the worst and I just feel so tired well going in the morning for the ultrasound don't know what all and ultrasound fines or what they see with it but we'll find out

• Posted

HI ted

Yes ultra sound is always the first call. Remember my very first one. Unfortunately they couldn’t see the stone because us was right at the bottom of my kidney literally blocking off fluid coming through. Went for another test after that where a dye would should up on another system from injection they gave me. This proved fluid wasn’t passing. The pain you described in your left leg. I know this can be a symptom not had that myself but what I was having was a mild pain of where it felt like some kicked me between the legs and my left testicle had like a full thriving pain which travelled up the front of my left side. These are all symptoms. 

Also you mentioned that you have had this for 5months. I know I mentioned my last one was 3 weeks, that’s when I knew for certain something was there. But this one I think was being created sometime ago. Basically last September I went the Everton game and noticed in my urine I was passing a bit off blood but no pain so got plenty of water down me and it went away, 2 weeks after that I went to Thailand and on the return home again blood in the urine and no pain. Plenty of water again and no issues, then after that this is what has happened of late in March. Just goes to show these develop for a long time. Get plenty of pure lemon down you mate I think I have had other occasions when something was developing but drinking this stuff has made them go away. I can send you a pic of the last one. What’s your email address, will send a graph too if high oxalate foods you should avoid

• Posted

Thanks so much Sean for the info and yes please send that info.

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.