Pain on Surgical Site Years After Surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, my mom had surgery to get rid of a uterine fibroid problem maybe over several years ago. I think it was an abdominal hysterectomy procedure. But ever since then, she has sometimes still to a varying degree experienced some kind of either discomfort or pain at the surgical site on movement. She sometimes feels the type of weather makes a difference. She's had already gone back to the surgeon before to talk about the problem but they didn't see anything wrong. So, is this normal? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes, these pains at a very low level are normal, but too much pain is not normal. If it pains very much then you should consult some expert surgeon.

I have gone through the tummy tuck procedure from the NOVA Plastic Surgery about a year ago. I have very little pain which can be ignored easily and it is sometimes not all the time. You can consult them if you are in Northern Virginia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.