pain on the front head every morning after waking up

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am confusing for after two or three weeks of having sinusitis symptoms including mucus came out from my nose, dripping off to my throat and a little bit of pain on my eyebrow, now all these reduced but the pain on the front head every morning. Mucus sometimes green and sometimes white. Three weeks ago, I was admitted in the hospital with fever and cough. The X ray of my lung is clear and I had a swab on my nose and I was told that my sinus is caused by virus so they did not give me any antibiotic. As it nearly Christmas and my symptoms get worse, I went to my doctor who described me Amiloxyn. I did not take it though but I mix it with water and washing my sinus with it. It reduced since then but now every morning I wake up with pain on my forehead. My plan is going to accupunturist but it is so costly and I am a pensioner without health fund. If anyone have done accupunture for sinus and it works. I am doubting that it is not working and I have to pay a fortune for nothing effective. I also want to know if I should take antibiotic now. At the moment, I do not have fever and my nose is not block. Not much mucus drip through my throat as before. I appreciate your help in this matter.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have chronic sinusitis. I don't take antibiotics because they don't seem to help me and they cause problems with my stomach.

I have tried acupuncture in the past and it did help. I had a course of 6 treatments. Unfortunately it's too expensive for me to have treatment again but if you can I recommend it.

Also I find flushing my sinuses helps.

mix tsp salt, tsp bicarb in cooled boiled water and using bottle with squeezy top squirt into nostril until liquid comes out of other nostril. Then blow nose. I also take fish oil capsules.

• Posted

I know I'm late to this discussion but I would like to add that even boiling water to use for a sinus rinse is not necessarily safe. You should always use distilled water purchased at the grocery store. It's very cheap and worth it to not run the risk of getting an amoeba in your brain. Trust me on this. This information came from my husband who is a physician. I hope you both feel better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.