Pain on top of foot

Posted , 6 users are following.

13 months ago i broke my ankle in 3 places,plate, screws pins. Recovery long, painful but i got there. Im 58 years old, back to gym, swimming and pilates dog walking, ankle not giving me any pain ( unless damp weather- all manageable ) but i now have pain on the top of my foot and im not sure if its related or something else. Its very sore anyone?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

what kind of sore. my foot has suffered nerve damage so it feels like pins and needles, hot pins & needles and I also have a pulling sensation, which is also nerve related.

• Posted

hot fire like pain, ibuprofen gel not helping, have been RICE not much joy. walking is very painful and i work 12 hour shift in care home so on my feet - physio stopped over 6 months ago

• Posted

Hi

I have similar sensations to the ones described by kk. T.hey come and go, my injury and operation was like yours. I, too, think it is because of nerve damage.

• Posted

I have pain on the top of the foot but I am only 11 weeks post injury, and it is directly related to the injury/recovery.

After the surgeon checked that there was no fractures at the 6-week mark, my physio said that the foot pain was related to tissue damage in the foot. Either from the injury itself, or from being in a fixed position in the cast/boot for an extended period.

I realise that does not help you much, but it could be a tissue damage issue.. are you able to get to your physio?

• Posted

What a relief to know it took 13 months to recover fully NOT!! haha. My surgery has been normal from what the x-rays show. 3 places as well for my breaks. I am having faith that this pain is so intense because I put way too much weight on it way too early in physical therapy and it is bruised all over or something. I know I will get better. I know now from your post it will be a while. I hope my job will still accept me when I can walk again. Thanks for sharing.

• Posted

i did manage to get back to work 4 1/2 months post op. take your pain relief as directed and you will manage tge physio and recovery better. good luck

• Posted

Hi there. My husband and I have used a Veterinary Horse Linament for various aches and pains, His parents were ranchers/cowboys and they swore by this stuff. Easy to order online. Just an idea...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.