Pain options

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have severe neuropathic pain in my legs...all muscle groups have misfirng nerves....anybody had any benefit from a Pain Clinic? I can barely walk and my legs quickly give way....

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

No, I have never tried a pain clinic. I received medication from my doctor that has helped quite a bit, but even last night, it felt like someone was shoving daggers into my right thigh. It was excruciating. if you are not into medication, I do know one thing that does help me. If you have somebody around who can vigorously but not painfully rub your skin in the areas that hurt, sometimes that will make the pain firing go down. I know it works for me and it works for a few of my friends. Maybe, give it a try. Good luck!
    • Posted

Thankyou Ravenwood.....presently in my worst ever relapse so hoping some of thwese symptoms wil calm down in time....I take various meds for the pain but not convinced just how effective they are....thankyou once again....
    • Posted

Have you tried Tramadol? This is the only medication that helps me when the pain is so bad that I cannot stand it. The med is a pseudo-narcotic that run along a different biological pathway than narcotics. It doesn't exacerbate fibromyalgia if you have that.
    • Posted

Hi...thankyou for your input...I used to find Tramadol helped quite a bit when i had mild m.e.....not just with pain but a sense of wellbeing..keeping anxiety levels inflicted by the illness to a minimum..i am presently taking Oramorph, the preferred option, prescribed by my consultant..but i am encouraged by your post regarding savage neuropathic pain and Tramadol thankyou..i used to occasionally get some unpleasant side effects from tramadol which has made me hesitant from taking any whilst in a relapse,,,i shall think about your suggestion as the days and weeks go on...keep laughing...smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.