Pain over heart? EKG normal.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi.

I was diagnosed with bilateral blood clots in both my lungs last December 2017. I was put on Xarelto for 6 months. I just came off of it in June.

I originally went to the doctor for chest pain that I get almost daily, he ordered a D-dimer test and from there I was told about the blood clots in my lungs - ended up being from my birth control.

I am now off the blood thinners and am having chest pains again.. always on the left side right above my heart.

It feels as if someone is taking a metal pipe and angling at 45° and ramming it into my heart/chest area. Like hard pressure.. I don't know how else to explain it. It gets worse when I inhale, especially if I take deep breaths.

I got another d-dimer test done and it came back negative. 

Any ideas?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

D-dimer test can ready a false positive. There not 100%. Due to you being in pain when you breath in sounds suspicious. The only way to be 100% sure its not another clot is a ct scan with contrast. I hope you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.