Pain pain pain

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi ladies i hav been experiencing pain familiar to arthirits...does anyone else exprience this?

Been having alot of changes in my body lately but this pain is the worst.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi wendy, my left knee used to hurt snd swell up bad sometimes. I had an x-ray done on it. It showed arthritis in my knee. Since I stopped eating a lot of sugar and carbs, I have not experienced any swelling or pain for several months.

I read an article about how sugars and refined carbs causes inflammation in the body. It must have been true for me. I notice that when I start to eat sugars and refined carbs again, my knee starts bothering me again.

• Posted

Cm to tink of it i hav been eating cake alot lately which i crave for..thanks am going to monitor that
    • Posted

Sugar is very inflammatory. I was reading last night about it's role in cancer. Cancer cells thrive on sugar - another good reason to give it up!

• Posted

I think when your body is going through hormone changes, you really got to take care of it. Peri and Meno really forced me to pay attention to diet and stress.
    • Posted

One thing i can say is that i avoid stress as much as i can its not gd for me i tend to pull my hair an cut it
  • Posted

I have also had this..Besides that spacey feeling I get.. this is the worse. Went to the doctor again about it and she said by this age we all have arthritis in our back and body to some degree. I felt so achy at night ..my right leg..off and on for years. It went away as soon as I went to doc appointment.She wants me to go to physical therapy for a few months. Its bascily sciatic. When it's inflamed it flares up..hormones going up and down. I have made so many changes to my lifestyle since this change has begun. Its a time for gentleness with ourselves and living life a whole different way.

• Posted

Yes. Mostly in my legs and knees. Any kind of physical activity I do which isn't much, I feel a lot of pain. Like I got run over by a truck. Especially my knees. Any time I have to get down on my knees its painful getting back up, stairs are a killer too. I'm out of shape though, and a bit over weight tio so pretty sure I f I can lose some of this belly fat it might alleviate some of the pain. Could be old age though too. I font know, but I feel like I'm 90 yrs. Old.

• Posted

Hi Wendy....somedays i feel like i have been run over by a truck...I literally ache all over. Its more muscular not bone and I really feel it in my ribs and arms...sometimes lower back. It comes and goes randomly...regardless of physical activity. I had blood tests once where my muscle enzymes were elevated but the doctor wasnt concerned.

Mind you they don't seem concerned about much. I even got a referral to a rheumatologist....he said all was fine so still no diagnosis so once again chalking it up to peri sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.