pain releif.

Posted , 8 users are following.

My legs are aching sore and feel swollen.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Aching legs, especially the left one and especially at night, has been with me for years.  They do not feel swollen, however,  Just another of the mysterious problems that go along with CFS I suppose.  I've tried physical therapy, but it has just made matters worse.  So has acupuncture.  Heat seems to help, and so does plain old Aspercreme.  

• Posted

I usually get aching legs as a sign I've done a bit too much. However, I've spent most of the last week resting on the bed or in the house generally and they're still aching. I have a massage regularly and the muscles aren't cramped up - for some reason they just feel like they are.

No swelling though, that sounds like something else.

• Posted

Yes, I find that some days my legs and arms will ache when I haven't been doing anything much. It's usually at the same time that my brain fog is worse and I'm more fatigued so it seems to me that my symptoms all flare up at the same time, often for no aparent reason.

• Posted

That's usually how it is with me. The aching legs come with the brain fog and equate to me having a bad day. Usually the aching legs go away but they're not at the moment, even though the fog has lifted a bit. But the massages show the muscles aren't cramped in my case - just feels like it. My brain must be sending the wrong signals perhaps.

• Posted

I think it's probably to do with the fact that we can't get enough oxygen into our muscle cells and brain cells. We really need to work on our mitochondria, the power-houses of our cells.

• Posted

Ironically 1 of the ways to do that is to exercise. Ha!
    • Posted

Phillis, bone pain; this could be down to a lack of vitamin D. Fairly common I believe with ME.
  • Posted

My legs are in almost constant pain. Sore muscles and no strength hardly at all in them. They ache when at rest and worse when I walk or stand. Occasionally though, and i mean occasionally,  there may be slight swelling at the end of the day around my sock-line. If your legs are swollen it's probably best to get this checked out as there could well be a medical cause unrelated to ME.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.