Pain relief

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi again,

Yet another day of hell to come!! BM due any minute...

Could any of my fellow AF sufferers out there recommend the best over the counter pain relief?? I have tried codiene based (which are supposed to be the strongest) which dont even touch it.

Without a painkiller what else relieves the pain when the stabbing pains start - Usually 3 - 4 hours after a BM?

Seeing my GP - Again next Thursday. I am going to demand a referral!!!! Cant keep this up any longer.

All have a pain free weekend.

It's great to know there are people I can talk to WHO DO UNDERSTAND.

Duggsy63

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

My sincere sympathies.........I use ANACAL (£4 a tube ),it has a tube applicator,and apparently has a painkiller in it .Its described as rectal ointment (,for relief of piles.) It soothes inside ,and makes the exit of the stools easier .It was originally prescribed to me by my doctor ,but is cheaper to buy over the counter .I then use ANOHEAL outside (apparently VERY expensive ,so presciption only for me !) Im not a pill junkie, but I also have to take at least 600mg of IBRUPROFEN per day to kill the pain. I am finding the ANOHEAL is doing a reasonable job ,but is not actually healing the fissure completely ,have been applying it for about 6/8 weeks (on my second tube!) My pain usually recedes after a morning BM,by about midday. Also change diet to fibrous ,to get benefit. All the above is not a prescribed way of dealing with AF,just my way . Disclaimer etc etc ............

• Posted

[quote:609f230f73=\"kev63\"]Hi again,

Yet another day of hell to come!! BM due any minute...

Could any of my fellow AF sufferers out there recommend the best over the counter pain relief?? I have tried codiene based (which are supposed to be the strongest) which dont even touch it.

Without a painkiller what else relieves the pain when the stabbing pains start - Usually 3 - 4 hours after a BM?

Seeing my GP - Again next Thursday. I am going to demand a referral!!!! Cant keep this up any longer.

All have a pain free weekend.

It's great to know there are people I can talk to WHO DO UNDERSTAND.

Duggsy63[/quote:609f230f73]

Sorry for my ignorance but why an over the counter painkiller? Will your GP not prescribe you something?

Okay well as for over the counter nyou could try:

Syndol

Nurofen plus

night nurse (I know for flu at night time but works well for me ((sometimes)) with elbow pain (((Fractured elbow recently)))

Just very curious as to why you are asking for over counter pain relief though :?

No chemist in the UK is allowed to sell anything any stronger than your regular painkillers.

Now you could always try feminax ultra that contains naproxen?

I hope you find some pain relief very soon

Good luck

Melbi

• Posted

Thanks for your replies. I am trying anything and everything. I am going to the docs on thursday for a decent painkiller. My query was for THIS weekend which so far has been HELL!!!

I would pay anything to get rid of this TODAY.

Kev

• Posted

As I said ,originally prescribed by doctor ,cheaper to buy over the counter! Helps with pain ,but also allows easy exit of stools.
  • Posted

oops sorry ,replied to moderateor by mistake!
  • Posted

Get a prescription for BUSCOPAN it is muscle relaxant used for IBS which helped me along with ANOHEAL until I had my OP 4 days ago.(Fissuectomy and Botox..see my latest input on my OP recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.