pain relief

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

I've been prescribed this for pain relief and wondered if it should have an immediate effect or does it need to build up in your system?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi.. I started on 10mg for pain in my sacroiliac joint..I was mainly affected worse at night as every time I moved pain was unbearable.  I was on steroids at the same time initially as starting amy and had virtually instant relief..20mg by day three.  During the day I took much less pain mess. Unfortunately I'm up to 30mg and although my nights are comfortable my day pain needs more pain killers.

I'm now under investigation for the cause of pain.

I'd give them a go made a huge difference to me.

Where's your pain?

Good luck.

• Posted

I'm having ongoing pain after having my gallbladder removed which doesn't respond to regular painkillers. I've been taking 10mg for the ppast 3 nights but still having pain through the day. Supposed to increase it to 20mg after a week.
    • Posted

Unless you on other meds or Dr said not too.. I'd increase now. My Dr told me to increase after first night if I had to. Good luck
  • Posted

Hello flowegirl72. I found it worked shortly after taking the first dose. It's worth persevering.
  • Posted

You do usually feel some benefit straight away but it does build up over time so stick with it and see how it goes xx
  • Posted

Thanks all. I'll keep taking them and hope for improvement.
  • Posted

Hi Flower, I'm  not sure as i took it for my anxiety and depression. Its 14days since i stopped taking amtrip..and i have notice some discomfort in parts of my hands wrists, shins. I have upped my psyllium husk and it seems to be helpping take out

the toxcins along with the discomfort. Good luck i hope it helps you. xxsan

• Posted

Hi secretsan. I am trying to increase my dose of amitriptyline. Struggling with the side effects at the min . What dose did u take and did the amitriptyline work ? I need some reassurance
  • Posted

Hi Flower,

I've been on it for some time now and it took a little while to work for me, it's worth persevering.  I find it helps me to fall asleep but it takes about five hours so I take it at 8pm. I have Fibromyalgia and insomnia's part of it so I was thinking that the Amitriptyline wasn't having the desired effect of making me sleepy. However, having fallen asleep somewhere around 4am on a regular basis having taken my 50mg tab I thought I'd test out my theory and hey presto if I take it at 8pm i'm often asleep around 1am. That suits me fine as I only used to sleep for 6 hrs a night anyway.

I hope it works for you.

Ginny 

• Posted

Hi Pink, Thanks for that feedback always welcome.. I'm very lucky i have always sleept well, a little well. I can sleep anywere any time.. I have been off the amtrip almost a month and can still  sleep. Yes it did help my deprssion. and then it stop working. I gessing i didn't need it anymore.

I'm doinh fine better then before. I hope you have some wonderful sleep.....thank you for your time in giving me feed-back. xxsan

• Posted

Thank you san. It's good to hear that you sleep really well, you are indeed very lucky.

It's great that you are doing better than before.  Sadly the wonderful sleep seems to be eluding me tonight but stressing never helps so I'm going with the flow. You are most welcome, thank you for your kindness, it's much appreciated. 

Kindest regards,

Pink x

• Posted

Hi pink,

sorry to hear your sleep is  eluding you... i so feel for you as i would have gone mad with out my sleep.

When i came off the amtrp....my biggest worry was "would sleep ok"  I believe in  in something could L_Glutamine

I started use it in 2004. For depression, I stop using it from time to time. Finance, and other stuff.

When i go down again, some-thing in the ether leads me back to it. an email from _____ 

I have spent the last 23 years In New Zenland and came across this company when using something called E power.

Now on on their mailing list which has really helpful information.

http://sleepjunkies.com/tips/can-cherries-enhance-sleep-quality I just found this site so havent check it out.

When i stoped taking my amtrip I had all ready started using frozen black-cherrys from  Sainsbury's  I eat half or all

from around 8.30 pm. hope this inf...helps

xxsan

Patient Moderator Note: I have removed an URL (a link) from this reply as it was unsuitable for inclusion within these forums. If any user is interested in this removed information they should contact the author via the Private Messaging system requesting such. Thank you for your cooperation.

Why is my link 'unsuitable'? See patient.info/forums/discuss/adding-links-to-posts-257271

What is / how to use Private Messaging? See patient.info/forums/discuss/private-messages-226361

• Posted

Welll time to leave this site it was nice to share with the ppl i did. by all. xxsan

• Posted

It was a pain that they took your link off.  I have found that the discussions have been useful to me.  Sorry you're leaving.

Take care,

Pink

• Posted

THank you pink..............everyones a controler xxsan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.