Pain relief

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Just curious as to what pain relief you use to help with scoliosis pain?

Mine just doesn't seem to be helping anymore. I'm waiting on a call from doctor to see about changing it.

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi ,im not really on any meds for my scoliosis ,im only on morphine patches for my sciatica pain and tramadol for my migraines. i stil suffer from pains and discomfort from my spine, painkills ,tears  wont take the pain etc away i feel. i got a 62degrees and a 43degrees curves in my spine. alli will say is just wait and see what YOUR dr says for you . 
    • Posted

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Wow that must be painful if your on morphine patches. I'm having trouble as I can't take anything strong enough to help my pain due to driving. I've just been re referred back to neurosurgeon again as discomfort is really bad.

I hope your pain wasss for you, it's awful being in discomfort

Take care x

• Posted

In my case, Bikram Yoga gave me complete pain relief. Before I started my practice, my dr. wanted to insert a narcotic pump hooked up to my spinal column. He said that was my only option other than surgery. Instead, I started practicing Bikram Yoga about 3.5 years ago. After the first class I felt a little bit better, and by my 5th class I was pain free. The only times I notice it creeping back is if I go longer than a week between classes.
  • Posted

hello steph,  my tablets are paracetamol, tramadol, gabapentin, also lansoprazole, vit D3, naproxen and simvastatin for my cholestral. Ive been taking these for about 3 years now but very little pain relief the nlast 6 weeks. Doctor told me to take one extra gabapentin a day. Yet to see how it works

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.