Pain Relief

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I’ve been on here for awhile and have been reading everyone’s posts.  I was diagnosed at 51 with hip OA.  It took awhile to wrap my head around it, I felt like I was too young for this. But I’ve learnt since then that this can hit at any age. I just drew the short straw in the hereditary department. sad

One thing I saw in comments and decided to try was taking sea mussel and rose hips supplements. (I’m vegetarian and really didn’t want the sea mussel but decided to try it to see if it would help my hip pain.)

I’ve been taking both every day for about two and a half to three months and I’ve noticed a big improvement in my pain. It still makes an appearance every now and then, but I’d say I’m maybe 85% pain free. I’m rarely taking pain medication which I’m very thankful for. 

I just wanted to pass this on in case anyone has thought about trying it but haven’t decided if you want to.   It’s helped me tremendously. If you try it, please let me know how it works for you. I’d love to hear others results. 

Dee

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dee

I will try these to see if they work for me. Thsnks for thr information

Teresa

• Posted

Hi Teresa, hope it helps!  Please let me know how it goes. 

Dee

• Posted

Hi Dee

Like you im a vegetarian and had hip pain from 46.

I'd been a good veteran runner when the pain in my hip/groin started.

Cycling helped me stave of the arthritis, not tablets of any sort.

I had hip replacement at 50 and the pre op cycling prepared me so much that post op recovery was a dawdle.

Now at 60 the knee on the opposite side is bone on bone but it's my job and not activity that has killed it.

I've tried rose hip without any success, and dont think bits of fish will help either.

Exercise is the key

• Posted

Hi Dee008, I've been taking 3 rosehip capsules a day for years now and believe they really help. Unfortunately the green muscle ones upset my stomach but would highly recommend either or both .I also spend 30 mins 3 times a week on a recumberant bike and believe this has really helped strengthen my pelvic muscles and taken all the pain away from my right hip.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.