Pain Relief

Posted , 2 users are following.

CS was found some 10 years ago on a scan for an unrelated event.  I have CS on C3 and C5.  About a year ago I began to feel restricted neck mobilty and pain at the extremity of any movment.  This got worse but was in no way debilitating - just a nuisance at my 73 years. Unpleasant, and at the level experienced, nothing to be done.

I googled (of course) and thought to try turmeric.  I am extremely wary of diet fads, supplements, the latest 'must do' and so on.  My research was as full as I could achieve!

My diet is healthy, I neither drink nor smoke. My BMI is 25 and I am quite fit.

Rather than try the various pills on offer  I went for the basics and started taking a teaspoon of turmeric powder daily.  I simply mix it with water - it's not very nice!

My pain went in about ten days.  I still have the CS of course - and movement is still not what it should be, but there is no pain.

I take no other supplements 'elixirs' or medicines with the exception of a nasal spray (for a polyp) and allopurinol for uric acid control (gout).

I continue to take 1tsp of turmeric daily.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Thank you for this. Mine CS is Multilevel and neurosurgeon has said even an operation won't guarantee pain relief. My pain reduces but does not go away completely that make it harder to focus and concentrate at work .  I think my employer is planning to sack me. Being depressed over future increases the feeling of pain and turmeric unfortunately isn't helping as yet but I will keep trying it, now that I know it has helped in your case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.