Pain relief yet to see gp again for ongoing pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I have had a very complex history of pain and different ongoing health problems since 2013 from neurogenic bladder, IBS, depression, kidney problems and severe pain in my bones and joints, the GP prescribed me tramadol for a while which never helped, and then put me on co-codamol 30/500mg every 4/6 hours which is now not working either, I’m having a range of tests for different conditions, i have a gp appointment coming up but just wondering if anyone else has had severe pain and what they got prescribed and what worked in their experience. 

Also under a nephrologist for kidney problems that I’m currently passing blood clots the size of kidney stones for the past 16 months which surgery hasn’t helped!! 

Thanks in advance 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Josh, I feel for you but I am afraid there won’t be many people on this forum that can help you.  Your illnesses are too complex.  Please refer to your doctor asap.

I wish you all the best and hope you find relief from your pain soon. 💐💐

• Posted

thank you for your reply im awaiting an appointment with my gp, but not sure when they will be able to offer me but thank you for your reply 😃

• Posted

josh get it off your chest wish i had something to say/help you i found ibuprofen did the inlamatory bit but not supposed to to take but WHATS OMAPROZOLE for if you have ibs stay away anyways hope replies will mean something 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.