Pain right lower quadrant of stomach by hip

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been experiencing pain in the area described in the tag line for two years after suffering with colitis, which was brought on as a result of contracting c diff. I was in hospital and on several courses of antibiotics, which killed the c diff and healed the colitis, but i have been in pain in this area since then. I can only describe the pain as a sharp stabbing pain which literally floors me or has me curled up in a ball with a heat pack.

I have had CT scans, hydrogen breath tests, endoscopy and colonoscopy and they all come back as normal. I have been on various medications (hyoscine, mebeverine, meloxicam and currently Librax). My current gastroenterologist believes it is post infectious IBS, but I have suffered with IBS since 2003 and i have never experienced pain like this.

The pain does not go when I have a bowel movement, which it used to previously with my IBS. I know which foods to avoid with my IBS, but my gastro is trying to make me have more fibre in my diet (I can't as it makes me constipated) and doesn't really listen to what i have to say unless my husband is the one pushing for me (I think I am just tired of not having any answers).

Basically iI just want to know that I am not going crazy and that it's not in my head.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.