Pain so bad I could scream!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all,

My latest concerning symptom is extreme pain with no cause. Last week, my knee tendon hurt so much I screamed when I walked. That let up and led to the next pain where I couldn't lift my right arm without screaming. That was better in 2 days and now it is the ring finger on my right hand. I can't open or shut my hand without screaming pain and the joint looks swollen. What is going on? My period is 2 weeks late but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Anyone else experiencing this?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello Rebecca. I once had my knee tendon hurt to the point where i went to the Dr did a x ray and they found nothing. It stayed with me for 2 months straight and then suddenly went away. These bloody hormones feel like hell . For some relief fill a bath with warm water and add epsom salt. I find it gives some relief of joint pain. Also calcium and joint vitamins. Hoping that things ease up for you soon. Praying for you

• Posted

Thanks so much for your kind words. I really don't even remember hurting it. I just don't understand this at all. I can't seem to get a break. I am glad to know that your pain eased. That gives me hope.

• Posted

Hi Rebecca,

Yes!!! In months when I skip a period or am late, I feel like every injury I've ever had comes screaming back.

I have visited a bunch of Dr's...GP, OB-GYN, Rheumatologist, 2 ER trips in the last 12 months... no horrible disease found.

Their advice...

Eat right.

Sleep right.

Mild exercise.

Take care of your mental health.

And yeah, all that does work.

Life doesn't always allow it, but it does work.

I have a closet full of heating pads and a fridge space full of cold packs. Have taken them to work often. Don't really care anymore what people think about it.

Hope you can find some relief soon!!

Sara

• Posted

Thanks, Sara. Funny you should say it coincides with late periods because mine is 2 weeks late. I hope this ends soon.

• Edited

I too experienced knee pain..also had xrays done..I called my dr so much about it so he finally did xrays for me and found nothing..then it went away..always something different all the time..prayers for you..hope it gets better🙏

• Edited

I am 2 1/2 years post and still have these crazy pains. Finger joints, elbow, knee, feet....its exhausting and scary.

Hang in there!

• Posted

I am starting to see a pattern that this might be something I have to live through. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but I am glad I am not alone.

• Posted

hi Rebecca - Wow! you are preaching to the choir - i woke up 14 months ago with severe knee pain, went to Urgent care it was so bad, MRI of it said i was almost bone on bone - so, Ortho said you can do physical therapy or have a knee replacement & i opted for strengthening my muscle around my knee...then, my knee stopped hurting & out of the blue my tendons, ligaments & muscles in my other leg started to kill me, some days better than not. My knee that initially hurt me, doesnt hurt now but the tendons & ligaments & muscles some times burn in that leg. This has literally rendered me disabled, because my legs hurt to walk or stand & god forbid i wear anything with a little heel, My legs ache for days after - i also developed swollen pockets under my knees & both my legs feel "puffy", but not my ankles or anywhere else. i might add that i am 7 years post menopause, but my symptoms didnt start until 3 years ago, this by far has been one of the most debilitating - i pray everyday that it magically disappears - this is actually a symptom of menopause - google achy legs & menopause. i take lots of Epsom salt baths, spray magnesium oil on my legs, double up on Omegas & take tumeric & try & stretch my legs & do water movement in the pool - it sucks!

• Posted

I am so sorry you have to deal with that. It is debilitating. I am really concerned about this hand swelling but am hoping it will get better in a few days. I hope you feel better soon as well!♥️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.