Pain spreading into legs

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello. New to this forum and hope someone can give me some in site. I am a 28 year old female. I’m decently healthy other then being pretty over weight. 5’2 and 230lbs. I have been experiencing some lower back pain for a couple weeks that is gradually getting worse. It spreads onto both my thighs and butt. I also have some very dul pelvic pain but not constant like the back pain. I have had 4 c sections and all were with spinal taps. My father had back surgery for herniated dick but no other family history. The pain remind me of siactica from when I was pregnant but more intense and in both sides not just on. It’s hurts to stand, move, sit, bend, twist. I can’t find a comfortable position to sleep in and have tried many places. I have not go to the doctor I am uninsured so my only option is the ER and I don’t feel like this is a life threatening emergency though the pain is about a 6 out of 10. Any thought LOs suggestions or stories that you can share would be great thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

judging from the fact that you don't have any insurance I'm guessing you probably then live in the US, like I do . Isn't it a tragedy that we can't get healthcare because we can't afford it! it is one of the saddest things our politicians has done to the people of the US.

that being said I will try to make a few suggestions but you need to understand that I am no doctor. And everything I have to say is based solely on either my own experience or the experience of others.

you can have sciatica in both legs . the sciatica is a nerve that runs from your spine down to your toes . You also have several other nerves that do the same thing but everyone seems to refer to a pinched nerve as sciatica. there's really very little that can be done about it and it is something that plagues millions of people in the US. Gabapentin (Neurontin) something that has been known to help some people. Lyrica (pregabalin) is another. but of course these are both prescriptions and it's not something you can take for just a week or two and then stop. so going to the emergency room and getting a prescription for them is not going to help unless you have a doctor to continue prescribing them to you. you're really wasting your time and money going to the ER. They will not do any kind of investigating into back pain. You're better off trying to find a doctor that will do a discounted cash based office call. if the doctor knows up front that you're a cash-only patient they typically will charge you less than they will for someone with insurance. if you can't even afford that then you need to apply for Medicaid. well I'm not sure if Medicaid is available for someone under the age of 65 unless you have a disability. I really do not know so it's worth asking about.

a few things you can do on your own is... apply heat and ice throughout the day rotating it several times a day. if you have pain in the lower part of your legs then you might purchase yourself a pair of compression socks. they can help some and they're very cheap. They really only cost a few dollars more than regular socks. NSAIDs like ibuprofen or Naproxen are good at reducing inflammation so they might help you. but do not use them everyday all day long for a long period of time like a year... My first year of back pain I took Aleve twice a day as it's says on the package. But after a year of doing this I had totally screwed up my stomach. so use these with caution.

there are a couple of things that you can use depending on where you live they may or may not be legal. I know that if I state the names here my comment will be moderated so if you're interested in them please private message me and I will give you the names of the two substances along with some details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.