Pain, strange sensations after Advil

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have never taken Advil or anything other than Tylenol for pain. When I injured my shoulder in March, I was told to take Advil. I was only taking one or two a day but sometimes, I’d take one with 2 extra strength Tylenol and vitamins, before bed. Evidently, Advil is supposed to be taken with food. 

I have not taken anything for a few days but the last time I took advil, I woke up with pain, pressure, and a strange sensation in the middle of the top of my stomach, right below the sternum. I’ve been experiencing that daily, along with nausea,  occasional stomach pain slightly lower, occasional heartburn and constant churning of acid in my stomach. 

I did not have these symptoms before the Advil but I’m wondering if the effects could linger after discontinuing or if this is a problem in itself. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like a mild gastritis... do anticacids help? Is that pain related to food i mean pcure after food or during the night as well?

It can be plenty of options....

• Posted

It does seem to get a little worse after eating but the worst pain is during the night/eary morning when I also get that pressure sensation.  I didn’t have any of thsi prior to Advil. 
    • Posted

Well i am no doctor but ypur symptom indicates as well gallbladder issues... they cpuld have beeen just triggered..

Ask your gp for feedback on that....

Meanwhile eat bland food.. no spicy no fatty food... drink plenty of fluids and try gaviscon extra strenght...

Let us know how you get on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.