Pain & Stress

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having terrible pain for the past 10 days & can barely put my foot down. I was walking in shoes before that & now can barely walk in the boot. Pain was sharp intermittent & all over the foot. Then suddenly yesterday it was better. My great PT explained that there is a lot more to pain than just what happened to my ankle. There is a neurological connection which doesn't surprise me. I had a great deal of stress over the weekend. After consoling a friend who has a friend who wants to commit suicide about taking one day at a time, looking for little positives, looking to use St Ignatious's Examen, the next day I was better. Decided to follow my own advice. Then talked to PT. He had me watch the YouTube 5 minute video Explain Pain. (It's using a whiteboard) I highly recommend it! This recovery is long and frustrating. Just knowing that my stress contributed to the pain helped relieve it! I have to let it go, give it to God. Listen to St Padre Pio motto: Pray, Hope & Dont Worry. This forum has really helped. I don't feel so alone.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I just want to say that I love St. Ignatius' Examen. I learned it when I went to college (a Jesuit one lol -- Le Moyne).

• Posted

If as seems to be the case that you have gone from being fine to being in considerable pain for no real reason I would suggest that you need to see your surgeon as a matter of urgency. In the meantime take pain relief to keep ahead of the pain, elevate and ice. I'm not a doctor of course!

Cheers Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.