Pain that comes and goes 2 weeks post vasectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my surgery 07/13. My first week was awful and painful. The Dr finally gave me some anti inflammatory medicine and some antibiotics though he said he didnt feel like I had an infection. 

I do think that I have a hematoma because I have a lard lump above my left testicle, it basically looks like another nut. This developed (or at least looked noticable) after I had seen my dr. 

Now here I am over 2 weeks post vasectomy and I am still getting this sharp pains along my left side that go from my sac to my groin and up to my abdominal area. It comes and goes through out the day. I have been wearing jock straps to help with support. But when I go #2 it hurts the entire time. 

I have an appointment this coming Friday but I have to say I have lost all faith in this DR knowing what he is doing. Any time I call to ask a question or see about getting a refill I never get a call back.

Any suggestions on what this pain can be from or how I can stop it? I start a new job on the 7th of August and I will be doing a ton of walking, bending over and heavy lifting. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rhett,

I had my operation a few months back and it sounds very similar to what I had, once I had my Anti biotics things started to get a lot better, I had the same symptoms as you in regards to having a lot of pain in my groin up to my stomach.

My only advice to give is that you just need to hang in there and it does get easier to manage,the lump will go by itself,mine went after about a month

• Posted

Thanks for that information man. I hope the pain goes away completley soon
  • Posted

Fairly normal. I was a mess after mine. Had to have more surgery a year later and I still have pain after 6 years and am on testosterone replacement.

Pain for 2 to 4 weeks is normal. Any longer it isn't

• Posted

Hi I will start at the bottom as for work best you tell them you want the job but due to your operation you may be another week or two and tell them what was and you having some problems,

Any swelling get an ice cube but make sure its wet and work this round your swelling, this will help to reduce it, try and do that 3 to 4 times a day, this also brings in fresh blood and this aids healing, so the ice does 2 things.

Jockstraps are good and do know what like when taking a dump, feels like your sack is about to touch water, trust me its just a feeling, I had mine done way back in 76, and was back working the next day, but that was me. most guys I knew who have had done was the same as me,

But from what you are saying that I think work is out till you really can hack it, otherwise you back home.

• Posted

I wish I could wait it out but this job has already held the position for me for almost 4 months. ITs a job paying $31 an hour. I dont want to tell them I need more time off and they give the job to someone else. Thankfully, the first week is oreintation so I will be sitting most of the time anyways. 

The pain has gotten better since my post. But is still there. I have an appointment tomorrow so I will bring it up to them

• Posted

HI R, Look so do your week, but when your out on the field just use your brain, as there are many ways of lifting and moving things with out breaking your back or more like straining, if your use a wheelbarrow or a sack barrow do so when it comes to moving things think of leverage with steel bars or good wood will work as well, and always think ahead. OK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.