Pain that doesn't get worse at the touch

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good morning everyone,

First of all, thank you for this wonderful forum.

I have costochondritis for one month and half now.

What I want to know is if costochondritis can cause pain that does not increase when you touch. Can it just cause an discomfort to the chest that does not increase when one touches but that is continuous?

Because I have a pain in all my chest area, that is everywhere but doesn't increase when I touch it. It only increases in the part next to the sternum. The other part are not are not sensitive to touch.

Thank you in advance,

Marie.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI MARIE I have had costo for 16 months mine does not hurt to touch it mostly in my ribs and achy and sometimes more than other times. I would say it is chronic as it is always there . I have tried many things and the most helpful is heating pad held to my chest, also the chiropractor gives me an adjustment on my sternum when I see him for back pain. I take Advil liquid gel. KATHY

• Posted

Hello Kathy,

Thank you for your answer. As I'm always anxious I'm going to see a doctor today to be sure.

• Posted

that is great Marie and anxiety is part of it I am sure your doctor will agree. It will get better as days go by and one day it will be gone hopefully I understand it can leave just as fast as it came on. It helps me to do research and also talk to others . Good luck

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear what you are going through.My doctor thinks i have costocondritis but it is hard to not get anxious about the symptoms. Like you I have chest discomfort. I cant make out where it is coming from as it is all over but mostly central with odd pain in arm, hand, leg. I cant make out whether it is heartburn, muscular, etc. I worry there is something else wrong but all tests (bloods, ecg, blood pressure, chest xray) all normal. I am now wondering if i should have an endoscopy to see if its a gastro/esophogous issue. The more i worry, the worse i feel. It has been 3 weeks so far. i can completly relate to what you are saying. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I would think your symptoms are completely normal for Costco especially since you have had all the test done. I don’t think the additional test would be necessary. I will say that I had chest pains recently radiating into left arm went to ER diagnosed with Gerd. I do not have heartburn pain . it is really strange that since this diagnosis I feel like my rib pain has decreased. The ER doctor said I had a big ball of gas in the middle of my chest it makes me wonder how long I have had that. I am taking medication. It makes me wonder If this was the beginning of the costo. I guess there are a lot of ailments that can lead to other ailments. Thank you for the message and hope you feel better soon also.

• Posted

Thanks everyone for your answer. By reading your comments, I feel better. Its a really stressful condition. I'm always going to the doctor because I always think that I have something serious.

It's really hard to live with this kind of pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.