Pain to touch directly under center of sternum

Posted , 3 users are following.

long story short, about a year and a half ago i got "sick" at work, had immense pain right under sternum, eventually my whole abdomen cramped up, and it was even hard to breath, and hurt in my lower abdomen to walk. Eventually I started vomiting, and had diarrhea for a few weeks, lost about 30 pounds in a month. Ever since I have been nauseous almost the time, every day. I vomit every few weeks, usually just bile.

Blood tests have shown elevated Alkaline Phosphate, and C-Reactive Protein , but we have found nothing else, was originally diagnosed with post infectious IBS because of my diarrhea, however my doctor at Mayo Clinic is starting to doubt this diagnosis, as I don't have any issues with bowel movements anymore.

I Recently noticed when I push right under my sternum, it hurts. it feels like im clearly pushing an organ, and there is pain, which was not the case before this event.

Summary: Nauseous, Dull pain under ribcage/sternum, hurts to the touch directly under the middle of the sternum if i push. Anyone have ideas what it could be?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Has gastritis been mentioned? Have you had an endoscopy?

• Posted

hello!

its been mentioned but i did have an endoscopy that came back clean

• Posted

What was said about your elevated CRP and Alkaline Phosphate? Have you tried a food diary to see if a food is causing symptoms? Has GERD been mentioned? Sternum pain that is sore to the touch can occur with acid reflux. What treatments have been tried?

• Posted

If you are already being seen by the Mayo Clinic, probably the best anywhere, do you expect non-professionals to help you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.