Pain type b dissected thoracic aneurysm

Posted , 2 users are following.

my husband had sudden severe back pain between shoulder blades and excessive heartburn , after 2 weeks of being treated as back pain a CT showed a dissected thoracic aneurysm . it was a complete shock , he was transferred to heartlands hospital in Birmingham for an Aortic stent . He has been given very little information about aftercare .

He is still having excrutiating back pain 2 weeks after surgery . we dont understand why . taking a lot of painkillers but no relief . dont feel like GP understands . Anyone else had this pain ?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am new to this site. I have been feelling numbness in my legs off and on going on a year now, A couple of months ago, I started having bad back pains and chest pains. I have been to the Emergency room and doctor at least 8 times and they tell me all my test come back good. This week I am scheduled to have a CT scan done and in four weeks a ego of my heart. I also have been having bad heart burn and seen to get nowhere with the doctors and my emergency room . I am scared that there is something wrong with my heart. I suffer from extreme high blood pressure and recently learned that my cholesterol level is slightly high. With my ego being a month away should I be very concerned? They have no earlier appointments.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.