Pain under left breast ribs that goes to the upper back

Posted , 7 users are following.

here once again everyday something new I've been having this weird pain under my left breast upper rib cage it goes all the way to the back of my breast the bone in my upper left side and sometimes to my shoulder can any of you ladies relate to this can this be related to bloating of my stomach so many different things going on I just want to scream sometimes I feel so frustrated when will this all be over I've been like this for 5 years now I am mentally and physically tired of all of this I pray to God everyday to have a normal life again I am so grateful with this forum and all you lovely ladies is the only place I really find comfort any feedback would be much appreciated thank you and blessings to all you strong ladies!!!

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi marisol

im having this right now and I post it in 2 different sites. is in my left shoulder, radiates the the upper rib left side and now if i blow my nose my breast hurt , i have been gone to so many doctors and nothing wrong i do have GERD , and a small HIATAL hernia i am 49 and going thru perimenopause. i get scare everytime.

• Posted

Hi Marisol,

I had this, the pain next to my left shoulder blade in my back was excrutiating at times.

I didn't know then, but I do think now that it might be spleen pain. At the time I hadn't known that EBV reactivated when all my symptoms hit at once, and it makes sense to me that EBV (like mono when you are a teen) can cause an enlarged spleen. I just can't find any other explanation why peri would cause this type of pain. It's better two years later, but every now and then I get that twinge, when my feet start burning I will get left ab pain, sometimes in the back too.

Just try not to let anxiety get the better of you! XO

• Posted

Gastitis is common in peri/meno and i have had it. Pain in this area could be the stomach irritated /inflammed do you suffer nausea or heartburn at all? If it continues it might be worth having an endoscopy to check? The usual treatment for this are ppi's which reduce stomach acid.

• Posted

Gastitis is common in peri/meno and i have had it. Pain in this area could be the stomach irritated /inflammed do you suffer nausea or heartburn at all? If it continues it might be worth having an endoscopy to check? The usual treatment for this are ppi's which reduce stomach acid.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.