Pain under left rib

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had constant pain under my left rib into tummy and also in my mid back, its always hurting when i lay down, more often than not better when im sitting up, i went to A and E yesterday and had to virtually plead to get an xray, this came back all clear, im due to have a ultrasound scan,in a few days, is it ok to go back to another A and E as the pain isnt getting better, and could this be potentially serious condition

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Man....you are suffering from acute Gastiritis. Go for endoscopy and get it confirmed.
  • Posted

Any pain under the rib that radiates to the back , could be serious. Most of the time it isn't though. If all test come back clear though or without answers , I would go to a cardiologist . Just to set your mind at ease. Especially if the pain continues.

• Posted

But , he's right. It could be gastritis. I have H Pylori. Today's my last day on the antibiotics, thank God. I had your pain plus other symptons. If that's it , it will only get worse without some kind of treatment. Good luck

• Posted

Thank you i really appreciate your reply and will see how tne ultrasound goes on monday and take it from there
  • Posted

Hi my son has the same. Had gastroscopy but came back all clear. Would really love to know what it is as causing him a lot of pain.
  • Posted

I just accidentally google pain in the middle and left upper abdomen it says pancreatis, especially spread through the back.Go to Gp at once dont let it too late.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.