Pain under left rib cage

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi, does anybody else have this dreadful pain at the bottom of their left rib cage? It seems to be coming in waves and has been going on for about 8 hours today. Had it a week or so ago, but it went off after an hour. This time it just isnt going anywhere and not easing at all. Does anyone have any ideas on what it can be?

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So glad to hear you had a great night out. Soundsbrill. Love that sort of music.

When I first started being badly, I lost friends, who had been "friends" for years, they didnt want to know me - I couldnt explain to them why I was so depressed, so they took the stance and said - "we all have problems, get on with it - we have made a concious decision to stay away".....my goodness, how that hurt.

have you found this.?

My partner has been my rock, he massages my pain points and meditates with me.

I am off work at the moment, been at home all week. need to get some energy from somwehere, I push myself very hard, do you?...then I suffer for days after. But hey ho, I laugh out loud every day, thank god im alive and live near the sea ( that was my dream) and take every day as it comes.

Have a great day x

• Posted

That is awful about your friends! I dont see friends much as I dont get out a lot but do keep in touch by text and calls now and again and have found them supportive, so I have been lucky. But when I am feeling really low I leave my phone off or dont answer the landline cos I would rather not let oeople know I suppose. Don't want to burden them too. Yes, we do all have problems, but its not always easy to just get on with it, with depresssion you just cant! And when you are unable to move without dreadful pain you cant!blimey a bit of understanding from your friends wouldnt go amiss, they must have been very selfish and really not worth worrying over anyway. 

My partner massages me too when my skin isnt yoo sensitive too touch and he is really good! Really relaxes me and also meditates with me! We live near the sea too and its great to get down there, love listening to the waves lapping up. Icertainly could never complain about where I live its wonderful, loads of brilliant walks (when I am up to it-I miss my dog so much, she loved being out with me and even before she got ill, she seened to know I coukdnt walk fast and used to walk slow with me, she was adorable), lots of beautiful peaceful countryside too.  My little narrowboat has been out if the water for almist a year but hooe to get it back in soon after bottom has been blacked and a few small repairs dine, just havent been able to get there.

i have woken with dreadful hip pain, but dont mind, it was worth it!  The spleen? pain is not as bad and I can cope with it, so I will just have a relaxing day watching tv in bed I think.

hope your day is good x

• Posted

Go for your dream.....Canal boat calling lol!..

Sounds good, Motown, soul music on a canal boat......BRILL! x

• Posted

After reading all your communication I am really glad to see you are able to bounce back after some careless comments made on here.
    • Posted

Thank you. Sometimes you have to get stuff off your chest to be able to move on x
    • Posted

I meant careless comments from one other not your comments. x
    • Posted

Oh yes I realised that, but then I ended up having a rant after being upset. All sorted now though, thanks again x
  • Posted

Hi shazzywazzywoo,

I have removed the offending posts and hope this discussion can get back on track. If you or anyone receives replies that are offensive etc then please use the "Report" link to draw them to my attention. I just happened to come across this discussion so could have acted sooner if the comments had been reported.

For info for users who keep posting about candida and all diseases being caused by diet/leaky gut and similar - this is your opinion and you are entitled to it but we will not allow multiple posting in many discussions.

There is an Alternative Medicines section where this can be discussed. See http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398318-alternative-medicines-opinions-etc

I have been patient in allowing these posts and have messaged several users about this but I will be clamping down on the "campaigning" behaviour of certain users who interrupt other users' discussions to preach their views as my comments about this have been ignored. I am not censoring users' views - they are opinions but it is the incessant posting and not being open to other users' opinions that cause issues. It is fair to post your opinion but following up with posts as were put in here is unacceptable. I will deactivate users' accounts if they do not adhere to the T&Cs.

Regards,

Alan

Emis Moderator

• Posted

Thank you, that is very fair. Its not nice to be told "it must be this or that and if you don't believe me then you have a problem, probably personal"! People come on here for support and advice, not to be lectured at, so i am sorry i didn't report it -I had noticed she was telling everybody on every discussion that it was candida but never realised i should report it, although I knew it was wrong. 
  • Posted

Well after a lot of investigation you might want to look up parasites in the human body. There is a doctor olga or ulga something like that. Either which way it is almost unbelievable whats eating us living on us. Black walnut husk, l-argetine and another needed for flush. We just got a puppy and the worms are unreal bet your saying yah but thats a dog. Animals transfer lots of these parasites to us and we start getting sick then we go to the doctor and he or she shrugs their shoulders and doesnt know. But they dont mind destroying ones liver with statin drugs when theres a much better way. Keep investigating and dont believe everything people say just believe so much with proof.
  • Posted

Hi

Just seen this and I feel for you. I have been in and out of hospital for a year now with the same problem. Scans shown small kidney stones and the pain is unbelievable . I have this pain constant and I have just yesterday come out of hospital being creased In pain as the go rushed me there. I have just been in 8 days and the kidney stones are still there . They did a CT scan which shows I am severerly constipated in the higher bowel which is the reason for the pain. I was adament it wasn't that as I have regular bowel movements. So the pain is constipaton with kidnedy stones and Renal colic.

I'm in constant pain and at the gp every week . I hadn't seen the g p for years before this.

I hope you get it sorted

• Posted

Hello did you ever find out what it is? I'm currently suffering with the same thing. It's so painful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.