Pain under rib cage

Posted , 11 users are following.

does anyone get an occasional pain under rib cage that travels round to shoulder blade that comes and goes - sometimes pain can be intense under ribs in the short term -am in peri but not far off full meno - anyone else suffer from this??

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sophie sounds to me like your getting indigestion try taking some indigestion remedy for it
  • Posted

Hi Sophie

What kind of pain is it ? I get on/off pain in my ribs sometimes front sometimes back sometimes sides it's a pain in the bum to be honest and can be quite tender to touch .Unfortunately even though I have this with a multitude of other symptoms I have not been diagnosed as peri menopause as net my gp is unsympathetic and I'm in process of deciding whether to see someone else or change doctors

Sheena x

• Posted

Yes exactly that - and it is a pain in the bum - wondering if it's gall bladder pain as I know it's a symptom. If I were you I'd try and find a new female doctor - I've had some absolute horrors who simply wouldn't listen and demanded i have CBT - now moved and have new surgery - the difference is amazing - totally understanding and did tests and confirmed I was in peri - I've only had one period since April so it seems things are moving swiftly to full meno although I appreciate this can be a long lengthy journey - hope all is well Sheena and good luck with everything. Thank you for commenting x

• Posted

Yes, from time to time mine was trapped gas! Trapped gas can get in those areas and hurt like mad. Sometimes mine is a ache and other stimes really sharp pains! 
    • Posted

Thank you that's exactly what mine feels like!!!! Loads off my mind

• Edited

If it is on the right side, it very well could be gallbladder attacks. Does it get worse after fatty or spicy foods? Are you nauseated?
    • Posted

It is on the right side - very occasionally nauseated. Had this for weeks late last year - had scans etc etc but all fine including bloods - I have about 3 blood tests per year at the moment due to anxiety - however this pain gets my anxiety going and I don't want to be a pain to doctors as they've made me feel like a total time waster - it's a real roller coaster and really gets me down 

• Posted

I have this symptom too!!!!! I've had so many of the documented

symptoms, this one really threw me for a loop until I realized

what was happening!!!! I hope this helps!!!!!

• Posted

Yes gallbladder...wraps around to your shoulder blade/between sh blades. Mine was achy and sometimes sharp right up under ribs.
  • Posted

HI sophie...if its on the right side under your ribs it could be your gallbladder...i had this and they sent me for a scan....i had polyps on my gallbldder and had to get it removed....so worth getting it checked!
  • Posted

Hi ladies, this is a long shot as such an old post, but, worth a try. I get this also and wondered whether any of you also get discomfort when lying or leaning on right side?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.