Pain under ribs

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am terrified about the chronic pain / discomfort under my ribs. It feels like a trapped pocket of air on the left side and sometimes it goes into my back (Left kidney area). It is very uncomfortable when I'm sitting - moving around helps it. Sometimes it feels more like a stitch between side ribs and belly button.

I have also had a change in bowel movements - sometimes loose and constipated at other times (Usually dark in colour). I have lost a little weight and I'm very fatigued.

I have been told that I have IBS and a little diverticulitis. Could these symptoms be a flare up? I am worried about my kidney or possibly pancreas.

I have had most blood tests done and everything is normal.

I am considering paying for a scan privately. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Julie x

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

A CT scan may help to pinpoint your problem. Does this pain come on after eating? Do you have a high fat/greasy diet? Does it ease if you take something like Gaviscon? Are your stools black or just normal dark brown. There are several organs situated on the left side so it would be impossible on here to say exactly what is going on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.