Pain under right rib and back

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello everyone, has anyone experienced pain under the right rib thst radiates to the back and goes all the way down to the groin on the right side and is on and off. i have had this for 2 months now, and doctor cant figure out what it is i have had blood tests, urine tests, ultrasounds of abdomen and pelvic area and pap smear and eveything was good.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi my love I get this a lot I've had ultrasound same as you blood tests I have I feeling that it's my gallbladder or pancreas that won't say had a paramedic out because of the pain he suggested it could be the lining between each rib that gets inflamed and can cause a lot of pain there is a special name that gets inflamed and can cause a lot of pain there is a special name for that gets inflamed and can cause a lot of pain there is a special name for it but I can't remember sorry haven't looked at all Google and put in with pain I have it today and it and it radiates down my shoulder into my arms sometimes down Woods sorry for the grammar it's just I have to voice text xxx

• Posted

Inflammation of the cartilage in the ribcage. I had it for three months and it was very painful.

• Posted

My doctor told me that no one really knows the exact cause but stress is likely to play a part.For me, stress was the trigger. Symptoms began during a very stressful time for me. However, everyone is different with costochondritis. With some people it goes away on its own, others have it chronically and some have come and go pain. My first flare up went away when the doctor said it would. I was told to try painkillers and wait it out and try non wired bras. I didn't have to do any of those things. It simply went away. It has come back mildly for very short periods since.

• Posted

I've had it on and off for 30 years+. It comes and goes. I find the pain sharpens when I press on a rib in the approximate area. It's a nuisance but not serious.

• Posted

Have you had an endoscopy? You could possibly have a hiatus hernia and some gastritis and oesophagitis. I had very similar pains and that is what I was diagnosed with. The pain radiating down to the pelvis could be IBS.

• Posted

no endoscopy yet i am too scared of it and wondering if i can fox this with diet changes and if its anything serious

• Posted

Do you take ppi or IBS tablets?

You can certainly help your stomach with diet, the best thing for me was give up alcohol. But also I was told to avoid caffeine, chocolate, carbonated drinks,acidic foods like certain fruits and pickles and fatty foods. Regular exercise is good too.

• Posted

i dont drink and have given up on all the other thinggs i dont wanna tske the meds because i dont want to get any side effects, are you healed and how long did it take u to heal ?

• Posted

Well I have only just had my endoscopy last week so I am still getting better. I have cut all the rubbish out of my diet and I am taking double my usual dose of esomeprazole and I also take alverine for my IBS. I feel a lot better than I did though. Have you had an h pylori test? You can have a stool test for that. If you don't want to take ppis, would you take ranitidine or the double action heartburn relief liquid or tablets? PPIs can have side effects, but they can also prevent ulcers and certain cancers. For me the side effects aren't as bad as the discomfort I was having. I don't like being on them but I the potential alternative is much worse for me. When my stomach feels better I am going to cut them right down though.

• Posted

My stomach still feels uncomfortable so I don't think it has fully gone, but it started to feel a lot better after a week. I think the endoscopy upset my tummy a little bit too. I do still have an odd feeling in the centre of my stomach, but I am not sure if that is the hiatus hernia or the gastritis or both.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.