Pain under right rib cage - slipped Rib Syndrome

Posted , 1 user is following.

I thought this might be helpful to someone out there. I have had pain under my right rib cage for almost two years now. After multiple tests and having discomfort and swelling while sitting or bending, I finally was diagnosed with slipped rib syndrome. The pain that I thought was under my rib cage was actually inflamation from my 11th and 12th ribs slipping out of place. My symptoms would vary depending on where the ribs were. The most notable symptom I had in the beginning was that wearing a bra became extremely uncomfortable - really anything that was confining around the rib cage area. I purchased an extender and sometimes I start the day on the smallest setting and then finish the day on the largest setting, After trying PT, injections, and chiropractors, I have finally decided to have these ribs removed. I'm sharing hoping to help someone else get their diagnosis much faster than I did.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i forgot to mention that I do have Gilbert's syndrome. My pain started when I had internal shingles and extreme pressure and pain for about a day and then intermittent discomfort ever since. i had surgery for MALS during that time due to some complications from the shingles. slipped rib syndrome is more likely to happen after surgery, but, I think mine slipped out if place due to inflamation and pressure caused by the shingles.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.