pain under the right rib cage in the front side

Posted , 2 users are following.

I dont feel anything while taking rest. I feel dull pain while standing. I don't feel pain while coughing or sneezing. It increases with walking and cycling or other activities which burn calories. i have been having it since four days. help please!!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Could be divercultis. Could be a sore muscle. It's summer and with poor breathing while exercising and allergens in the air, I wouldn't put it past sucking in something annoying.

Four days with abdominal pains isn't the best time line to call anything. Your gallbladder is in that location, so that could be it. Not likely an appendix issue, so I can reasonably assume whatever it is, you're not going to die from it in the next five years.

Although a throat pain could point to the digestion system issue.

Give it more time and just make an appointment with your primary doc. In the meantime, take an NSAID, put something warm/cold on the area and try not to let it get you worried. Because anxiety can generate new symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.