Pain under the right rib cage, lasting 11 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I am writing here because of pain under the right rib cage, which is lasting for more than 11 months and have made me completely desperate:/

I've tried everything and I have no more ideas how to help myself, neither does doctors anymore, apparently.

I'm looking for any kind of information or ideas, what could it be, how to relieve the pain, how to treat the problem, how to get rid of it…

The pain appeared last year at the end of November when I was recovering from Covid pneumonia, during which I coughed very hard and often, because of this I had severe pain in the front between stomach and rib cage, probably of a muscular nature. Within a few weeks this faded, but the pain remained on the right side. It is specific for the pain that it calms down in the lying position. The pain is absent during sleep and for a while in the morning, and then worsens during the day, and it is the worst when i'm sitting. I cant sit anymore.

The pain is not palpable to the touch and feels constant and deeply located. I was given Arcoxia and Metamizol Stada painkillers for treatment, but I don't notice any hige effect.

The only time I got rid of the pain for a few days was on a trip where I was on my feet most of the day for several days in a row with moderate movement, but it returns when I got back to my normal routine. Any physical exertion worsens the situation.

I have had an ultrasound, CT with contrast, imaging of the lungs, ribs and spine, as well as laboratory tests and all results are good – doesn't shows nothing.

I've done physiotherapy, apply different creams, use an electro stimulator, i'm resting for 11 months allready, I'm kneeling in front of the computer to avoid sitting while writing this..

At the doctor's, it was assessed that it could be something with diaphragm or Internal intercostal muscles or maybe abdominal fascination and there is nothing to be done.

I'm 30, skinny, sportsman, otherwise completely healthy

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Mu best guess= Its probably your lung. I hope you are ok. Get it checked immediately!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.