Posted , 2 users are following.
Chronic pain, LEFT UPPER abdomen, already for 5 months.
- Dull pain, sometimes also feeling like bubbles. Worsens with body movement like moving fast around the house (but not with shaking of for example going on a car).
- Sometimes also at heart level, rarely radiating towards armpit. Occasional back pain, also in left side. No pain in right side, be abdomen or chest.
- Pain started 5 months ago. One lung infection 4 months ago (pain disappeared temporarily with antibiotics). Periodic constipation and occasional nausea and heartburn
- Besides body movement, pain also worsens after fatty meals and stress.
- Doctor first suspected as pericartitis or pleurisy, now suspected to be IBS)
- Blood tests all normal (blood count, thyroid, liver)
- Negative celiac, negative H. pylori, no blood in stool).
- Normal ECG, normal Abdominal ultrasound, no Colonoscopy yet.
- Abnormal tests: slightly elevated IgA (but only barely above upper limit); weak positive calprotectin stool test (intestine inflammation)
- My suspected diagnosis: mild diverticolitis, pleurisy, fibromyalgia; B12 deficiency
Has anyone experienced something similar? Upper left abdomen pain that worsens with simple body movement?
2 likes, 5 replies