Pain varying degrees?

Posted , 2 users are following.

can the pain be excrushiating one minute and then die down the next then get worse again or is it more of a steady pain ?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

for me its been a steady pain. Some days worse than others but nothing acute. One of the markers for Costo is a skeletal pain that radiates out when you press (lightly!) in your sternum area. For me it went into my back and ribs. Others symptoms that accompany that could be, acid reflux, stomach issues, shortness of breath....and anxiety is very common with it.

There are so many things in that area of the body that can cause pain so you really need to get it checked out by a doctor and confirmed. But Costo has very specific markers. There is also something called Xyphoidalgia or Xyphoidynia , also called Xyphoid Process Pain, that is a close relative of Costo.

This is a pretty good article. Doesn't just apply to women.

https://myheartsisters.org/2013/12/26/chest-pain-costochondritis/

Lastly, I put this in every post. You MUST rule out heart issues when dealing with chest pain. If your cardio is dismissive....dismiss them!

Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.