Pain walking after 6 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I had first foot done last February and the next foot done in May. The one in February doesn't hurt at all but my May one hurts on the knuckle when I walk. Has anyone else had this? I am due to see my surgeon middle of November as I developed a cyst under my scar on my February foot and I had it surgical removed . Bit concerned as to what the pain is and how it can be remedied. Any help would be appreciated.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Did you have dissolvable stitches? Turned out my body did not like them. After almost 2 months my incision remained red, painful with bumps that weren't healing. No infection. ..just those darn stitches. While I was under having my second bunionectomy, doctor had to reopen my incision (a big gouge!) to replace them with regular stitches ..but I felt a big difference after 3 days now. Just a thought anyway. Sending healing energy to you, Sally ;-)
    • Posted

Thank you, if it was the stitches wouldn't both be sore? I really don't know. I believe I did have dissolvable. The scar has healed really well. No lumps or redness.
    • Posted

You're right ...just wondering because of the cyst under the scar. Also can you think of anything you did differently from your first to your second surgery ...for example massaging, stretching and exercising the toe and foot? Good thing you are seeing your doctor...hopefully it's related to the long healing process.
    • Posted

Surgeon initially thought the cyst was caused by the stitches but he now believes it was a gland flare up. The cyst has been sent off for testing just to make sure.

The only difference is I sat around a lot longer with my first. My second one I just got up and got on with it. But surely that's a good thing?

• Posted

Sure would think so...maybe your doc will discover something in an xray?!Meantime, wishing you the best!
    • Posted

Thank you for listening. Hope you have a speedy recovery too
    • Posted

you're very welcome ...sorry I couldn't help. wink​ If you haven't already...try a Google search... I found a ton of good info before surgery and now during my recovery too.
  • Posted

Hi Sally. I'm almost the same stage of recovery as you, I had my first foot op in February my second foot beginning of June. Consultant told me at the time the healing process would probably be longer for my second foot. Like you, I have some discomfort around the former bunion site and along the  inner side on my second foot, my first one is really great,Hope that helps you knowing we are both the same?!.

Last visist my Consultant sent me for a sonic x-ray to check for Mortons Neuroma, have you had that ? He said as you tend favour  the outer side of your foot during recovery this can be a problem, my results only showed a small inflammation so I didn't have the injection. I go back for another consult in a couple of weeks. Let's hope by the time we both go back our feet will be better, think unfortunately we are still in the relatively early days (but way too loooong ones) of recovery.  Update and let us know how you get on. Wishing you TWO happy feet  very very soon.  

• Posted

Hello,

My second foot had been pain free it's only been the last month that the pain has been there and slowly it's getting worse. No I haven't had anything done yet as this will be my first check up for my second foot.

Fingers crossed for us both. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.