Pain week after upper endoscopy..

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a upper endoscopy 1 week ago today.  Dr said I definetly have reflux but that everything else looked fine and that he took some tissue samples, which is normal procedure.  Anyway I felt fine that day and the next day. On Wednesday  I had a cup of coffee and the pain in between my breastbone was worse then it had ever been, went away after about an hour or so, and I decided I wouldn't be drinking coffee anymore.  Thursday I tried tea and the same thing happened.  Friday I didn't start the day with coffee but had eggs and it started up again, ended up with a headache(caffeine withdrawal) and took to Advil and that caused really bad pain in between the breastbone.  Took a Pepcid and then went for some acupuncture and felt much better that evening. Saturday I started  taking my Prilosec because I was in tears the pain was so bad after I stupidly was eating chocolate. I think I have learned what definetly triggers.  Anyway today I haven't eaten anything except honey nut Cheerios and  my chest and back hurt and I now have a cough it it's not the same reflux chest pain.  when will I start feeling better???

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i can relate, i had mine over 5 weeks ago, did you recieve some paperwork showing where you had your tissue samples taken from, i do wonder if inflating the osophegous could be the cause, i had gotten my symptons under control with omeprazole before the procedure, since then im constantly feeling like i have a bruise on my back constant burning at throat and niggles in my tummy right where the middle of my ribs sit, i even tried covonia chesty medicine just in case i had a cold or mucous on my chest but nothing even gaviscon isnt helping at moment. hope you get sorted soon

• Posted

Finally called the dr because the pain was getting worse. I was sent for a HIDA scan to check the gallbladder out and....my gallbladder isn't contracting properly.  the normal range in 35% contracting and mine was 20% they said sometimes they like to wait and see if diet will help and change things or  sometimes surgery is needed.   I am hoping not to have to have surgery😢

• Posted

i phoned my drs again this afternoon, now six weeks of waiting, got to phone back next fridayif still no results they will get in touch with the hospital here the test were done, the last 48 hours i have noticed im not feeling as much heartburn asi have so not sure if being of work from both my jobs and or eating more, less stress is the reason or its the tablets doing their job. hope they sort your problems out sooner than later 

• Posted

From things I read stress can play a role in digestion problem.  Good luck and I hope they figure things out😀

• Posted

I am glad that I found your post.I had an upper endoscopy on Wednsday and I was a bit sore but nothing bad .On Friday afternoon I took a cofee and a piece of chocolate and instantly I start having so much pain in my stomach. I am on pantoloc 40 mg(pantoprazole) for 1 year for reflux but it seems that doesn't help .I was ok before the procedure.Now I am really worried because they took 3 samples.I am not sure what to do.

• Posted

Does your written report state that biopsies were taken ?, How did you get on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.