Pain when sitting

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi everyone. I'm 13 days post op and was wondering if anyone else has had pain in their side/hip and down their leg. I had the same issues before surgery and was hoping it would be resolved. And maybe it will be, with time.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I'm 3 1/2 weeks post op and didn't have these aches and pains before but I think it's just your body recovering and everything knitting back together. I think it just goes with the territory. Well I hope so anyway . 😬

• Posted

Hi ya, I’m 4months post op and still occasionally get the same pain usually if I overdo the walking, bending etc. You will see an improvement over next few weeks, I now know why it’s often Said that it takes at least 3 months to start to feel much better. You are still very early on in your recovery, I was still in a lot of pain at your stage post op. Good luck with your recovery.
  • Posted

I also had the same problem and I limped for about 10 steps after IO got up.  It will pass about the 8 week mark but you need to do your therapy diligently and I found stair climbing helped a lot.  I also started walking 1 mile in the morning and evening about the 1 month post-operation mark
  • Posted

Thank you everyone. I start physical therapy next week so I'm hoping that'll help.

Maybe as an add-on to this question, how soon did everyone go back to work?

• Posted

I went back to work with getting public transport at 11 weeks post op, I had trouble lifting my leg to get on the bus prior to that so didn’t want to chance it. Everyone is different a lot of people go back earlier than that, depending on what the job is of course.
    • Posted

Five weeks post op, back to work.  Good luck and rest, rest , rest.  I exercised in bed and just using walker for two to three weeks.  I did not push it.  Am 61.  
  • Posted

Hi I'm more or less at the same post op stage as you and each day seems to bring a different pain. Today my knee has been hurting but I think I overdid it yesterday. I guess it's finding the right balance between exercise and rest while our bodies heal. From what I've read the op is pretty brutal so recovery takes at least 3-6 months. Take care

• Posted

I went back to work 3 weeks post-op. I have a pretty sedentary job as a community outreach support worker so the only difficulty was getting in and out of the car (driving was no problem as it's an automatic), using a public washroom (LOW seats~ I brought my "Whiz" with me) and finding seats that I could get in and out of.

• Posted

hi-i remember when i got home that i just couldnt get comfy anywhere unless i was in bed!,pain in hip and leg.in my case it was lack of decent painkillers-id had to stop the ibuprofen,which left me with paracetamol,which never used to even help a headache! my son found me a second hand recliner chair which was a godsend,but the pain eventualy went in time,good luck x
  • Posted

Mine healed well in four weeks, but I still have that pain in right hip/upper thigh down front.  Nothing like before surgery though.  Wondering if you hurt when you stand up to walk.  I do! 😄

• Posted

I do have pain when standing and walking too. I was just hoping that I would be able to sit up, which I haven't been able to do for about a year. I can't wait to hear what the doctor says at my 2 week check up!

• Posted

The pain is the side of your leg.

Is it from the hip to the knee then stops at the knee?

Look up Tendonitis of the IT Band

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.