Pain when sitting down

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi can someone help me understand what I might be experiencing? When I sit in my car or in a chair for too long I get kidney pains that slowly disappears within a day or two, the only way I can prevent this is by putting some type of pillow on my upper back when sitting down so that the pressure is not on my kidney area. If I'm careful not to pressure my kidney areas when sitting I get no pain at all from my kidneys.

Is it worth going to have tests done? I'm not experiencing burning when I pee or anything like that although in the past I've had 3 kidney infections my last one being a year and half ago.

Also this pain is really random I might get it for period of time from sitting down and then not get it for a long time, this time though it's back and more bothersome than ever.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Did you ever find out what was causing this? I am having the same problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.