Pain when touched??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I'm new here looking for advise.

I have for years if touched, bumped into, rub my skin on certain parts of my body (top of arms legs etc) been in pain. I mean doubled over could cry pain, a pain that shouldn't come from a rub or touch of the skin. A pain that lingers much longer than it should.

I have finally gone to the doctor today as its not normal to be in this much pain when barely touched. She mentioned Fibromyalgia but also that it couldn't be as I'm not in constant pain.

Is this correct? Ive been doing a bit of research and it says that Fibromyalgia symptoms can vary so much. Also she never asked about my memory and the "Fog" which i actually just had a meltdown at work as i feel i cant hold information anymore like i constantly dont know what i am doing and never want any tasks because i dont feel my brain can handle them.

She has taken bloods to rule out other things but i just wanted to know if Fibromyalgia was only constant pain. If not it would explain alot going on with me.

any help or advise appreciated 😃

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Kat,

I'm newly diagnosed, this week in fact but have been suffering for 9 months. my pain is much worse toward the end of day but i do wake up in pain. over the 9 months its got worse and for longer each day.

i'm sorry to hear your suffering and also confusion. the lack of knowledge by gps and many health practitioners does not help. I suggest you request a referral to a Rheumatologist to give you a firm diagnosis and check for other conditions too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.