Pain where arm was previously broken

Posted , 2 users are following.

When I was 14, I broke my left arm. I have a metal plate on the ulna and had a rod in the radius.

I'm 21. The past few days my arm has been experiencing pains. I woke up this morning and it's worse. Stinging and cramping pain in my elbow and around the metal plate.

I'm debating on going to the doctor because it's probably just arthritis and don't want to waste the doctors time.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Of course you must go to the doctors. You will not be wasting their time.  Never say "just" arthritis as this can be very disabling if left without treatment. Best to let a doctor have a look and give an opinion. Have you been using the arm more lately? or lifting heavy items?

• Posted

I haven't been lifting with it. I've been drawing more, but I use my other arm. The weather has been changing a lot though.

But I'll make an appointment.

It's also a little bit swollen.

• Posted

How are you progressing??  Hope things are getting better for you!!
  • Posted

Hope you have been to the doctors.   Any pain in an area where there is a metal plate or fixings needs attention. It could be the rod or plate working loose,or a problem around them.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.