Pain where gallbladder was??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed on the 1st of august so about 5 months so.....for the past 2 days ive had a deep ache where my 2 scars are on my right side.....its qite tender when i press on it........should i be concerned?? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Vonnie,

Sorry to learn that this is happening to you.  It may be that scar tissue is forming where your surgery occurred.  I had my gallbladder out in 2009 and sometimes get a stitch there as well.

I did notice that I have the pain when I've been sitting a lot, so I try to get some walking in every day.  That seems to help.

But if you are concerned, I think you should go see a gastroenterologist, a surgeon or a gp may not know what's going on.

Best of luck to you, and let me know how you get on!

• Posted

Vonniexx,

​I had the surgery one day after you and I am having the same issue and pain in upperquadrant  in back where the gallbladder was. Glad to see this is normal I am going to my primary doctor on 22nd so if I find any information I will post it.

• Posted

Hi I had mine out almost 3 weeks ago and my side and part of my back is hurting. 

Did they cut you as i had the other thing that only has a few holds but that is fine. Can I please ask you. Did you have trouble eating after your GB was out. I can not eat. I hope you feel better. I would call the doctor and ask them about it. 

• Posted

I didn't expierence that. Sorry can't help you there. I would call the surgeons office and ask about it. 5 months your incisions should not hurt. Feel better

• Posted

its not my incisions that hurt its like kina hard to explain.....its deep under my incisions...i will call doc for advice , thankyou
    • Posted

I will find more put when I hAve MRI if the lumbar and CT of the ribs and thoracic. If they do t see anything I'm guessing nerve pain. It's deep with me too just not in the same area,

• Posted

what can they do for nerve pain as i hope that is not what i have in my leg. good luck with that let me know what happens. take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.