Pain while eating greasy foods only

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all I'm 46 years old. For about 3 years I get a rather nasty upper abdominal pain while eating fatty foods (burgers, Fried chicken some kebabs and fish & chips certain other rather unhealthy foods. The pain is is central and near breastbone area . It is severe enough to make me stop eating and possible go for a short walk until it subsides which will happen within a few minutes. I'm not sure you'd describe it as burning pain or not , it possibly has am element of burning in it.

As far as eating all other foods , roasts lamb, beef , chicken etc , steaks no problem at all.

I will add that as a prelude to these pains for quite a few years leading up to the pains I was binge drinking a couple of times a week. That has all stopped now. Has anyone else experienced this. I just though I'd add that I've tried anti acids without any change.

Has anyone else had the same symptoms?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

P.s also the function of the gallbladder is produce acids to deal fat break down in your diet, it could explain why fatty foods and also linked Drinking cause discomfort

X

• Posted

There is a complex relationship between the liver , gall bladder and pancreas which helps in the digestion of food. The problem is as a pooh observer, it can be difficult to work out who not pulling their weight. There are untold articles on the Internet about what is called Bile Acid Diarrhea and Bile Acid Malabsorption. I must say from what I've read the most common suspect is the gallbladder. Thanks Zara
  • Posted

Hi there, I am 46 years old, suffering with IBS for last 4 years. The pain that you describe I call indigestion/ gas. I do get often and not from fatty foods, but eating other stuff too. It is really annoying, I know how you feel. If you only get from some foods then surely the best is to avoid it?
    • Posted

Hello Renata

You are right that avoiding these foods is the solution as I have no trouble with other foods and I do avoid them the majority of the time. However the fact that I'm getting this pain suggests there is something not quite right. .

Are you saying that you get pain with all types of food? Thanks for your reply. Jim

• Posted

Yes, I get that often, most from 'wrong' food , too much food, alcohol. It's really annoying and I find the more I worry/ get streesed about it the pain intensify. So sick of it, you just want things to be 'normal'. It makes you feel down as you think there is definitely more to it. But I am the same line you had billions of tests that showed nothing. My friend gets that a lot too, she gets it too, although hers is too do with surgery ( gastric band) she had. Hope that's helpful as I know myself how lonely it can make you feel with your 'problems '
    • Posted

Lonely and worrying too. Wish I hadn't drunk so much a few years ago. Thank you Renata
    • Posted

Hey, we all done things we would rather forget. The main thing is doing something about it instead of regretting.
    • Posted

Yes you are right, regret isn't going to contribute anything positive here.

I've got a gastroentorologist appointment coming up soon so I'll have to see what's said there

• Posted

As an asside I noticed that my state of mind made certain aspects worse , I mentioned this to my GP who prescribed me Beta Blockers for Anxiety and Citalopram for depression, while they did initially make SOME matters better I think that my body chemistry had got used to them a bit now and they are not working as well. I read that bit you wrote about wanting things to be back to normal, you don't know how true that is for me too as it probably is for most of us on this website. Normal is the most underrated but yet most valuable thing. Thanks Renata

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.