Pain will getting in tub lifting surgery leg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Getting in tub to shower and lifted leg but suddenly a sharp excruciating pain from thigh to foot in the inner Leg then iced down now but still mobility is limited and pain increases on movement and walking. I was diagnosed with Bursitis about two weeks after surgery it is 30 days post op today!

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear! Di you have a question, or is this just a statement?
    • Posted

Really I guess it was more of a statement! But a question is this normal should I notify doctor or just rest leg and ice! Had to return to using cane! Able to walk but sitting is painful and moving leg in different position and turning over is painful to the opposite side this pain is different than before. I had two weeks ago pes anserine Bursitis in the inner thigh big muscle thigh and behind knee. Had cortisone shot! Has anyone experience these things with a partial R knee replacement?
  • Posted

I would err on the side of caution and let your doctors office know. They'll most likely say "oh that's normal" at least they'll have it on record. Hope it resolves soon.

• Posted

Pain one-month post-op is very normal, wherever it is.  Try some Voltaren Gel (RX in the US) for the bursitis.  Second best topical anti-inflammatory on the planet.

The pain may not be knee-related but may be hip.  Lots of nerves pass through there, especially the sciatic nerve, which will radiate pain down the leg.  Lifting the leg involves the hip flexors so your problem could originate there.  I had sciatic pain from locked SI joints 5 weeks post op.  Chiropractor fixed me up pretty fast.  I would recommend seeing one and getting checked out.

A lot of this is because when we're in pain, we change the way we walk and throw hips, back, pelvis, etc. out of alignment thereby causing pain.  Very, very common in TKR patients.

PS: Also had a level 10 pain hip pointer a month ago.  Turned out to be caused by my quadratus lumborum (QL) muscle in my back (nowhere near the point of pain).  Chiros know all the muscles, bones and trigger points that cause pain.  Go see one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.