PAIN ......Will the other pain relating to hip go !!!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Another rant ok where to start

The pain at the moment is dreadful

* chuffling up the stairs kills

* re positioning all the time sitting n

trying yo sleep

* lift leg when get in car /calf pain now

Sure everyone has suffered from these.

BUT

*The PAIN in upper outer rt thigh and knee is horrific its making me walk (Well hobble) almost pigeon toed with me putting all my weight onto the LF side it makes feel sick and that in turn makes me sweat buckets.....Sorry I'm moaning

After my operation does that pain just disappear ????? Or will I need steroind injection in my knee again not a good day Aug 18th can't come wick enough. 😢😢

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Dear Julie

I'm sorry that you are in such pain. I urge to to consider getting a pair of walking poles to make walking with a good gait more possible as you are likely to put your back out walking badly.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Thank you you are quite right my lower back , I am already having problems with lower back due to posture. Well have a research on poles. Julie
  • Posted

Hi Julie

All you are feeling is so how I was before my operation RHR 29th June 2016.

My first get up after the operation the pain had gone. Just the operation to get over...take it steady have a goal ...a holiday or a walk or even a good shop!!

You will get there. Let us know how you get on.

Regards Julie UK

• Posted

Yes you are quite right I am aware that got all these thoughts going round in my head. Yes I have a very little goal really to walk my dog in the local park with hubby.

Then to go on diet and get myself healthy ready for daughter's wedding 2018.

Thank you Julie

• Posted

aww Julie, 

I am so sorry that you are in so much pain !!!!

you have to ask yourself : do I want to feel wonky (from pain medication) or be in less pain? (without it) 

I remember how bad I felt with this all consuming pain - it is exhausting ..

how about morphine patches ?  

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Think i may have to resort to taking stronger pain through the day as only taking it at night (tramadol) Julie
    • Posted

it sucks, doesn't it ---- 

I stopped taking pain medication because I felt it didn't work, so why taking them, right?    well, the pain that I felt then was almost unbearable - eventhough it might niot take the pain totall away, it takes the edge off - that is all we can hope for ...

wishing you lots of strenght,darling ---

• Posted

Aww thanks no know you mean stopped taking day n half resorted to taking tablets.... Think it did something !!!!!!! Julie
  • Posted

So sorry you are in pain. I can related to pain with hip. My left was done nearly 9 months ago and right one to go. I know what pain is. Im waiting

for a day when my right hip will be done. I'm sure you will feel much

better after operation. Hang in there August will be here soon.

Hug Madla💗

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.