Pain with fibromyalgia

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anyone tried cannabis oil without the THC for pain management?

And how has it worked out any side effects?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tannersan - I am currently using a topical ointment that seems to work fairly well on my fibro pain and low back pain management. It's Apothecanna, Extra Strength Body Creme. It contains; Arnica, peppermint, juniper and cannibas. You can find it on the net if you're interested. I also understand there's some drops you can put under your tongue that seem to work quite effectively. I have never tried those. 

• Posted

Hi, I have tried many of the cannabis cream's, and oil's, they are good, but they do not last as long as Arnica

My therapist also has recommended small doses of Ativan when things get really tough, which seems to relax my muscles. And break the cycle. Good luck and feel better!! T

• Posted

Yes I am taking CBD oil 5%  and green tea with 20mg of CBD oil in the tea bags in the morning, I have fibromyalgia and Endometriosis so usually take morphine, codeine etc but come off them all as the oil has really helped, taken my pain and flares right down, no side effects 

• Posted

I am a sport/remedial and complementary therapist I take CBD oil 5% drops you put under your younger and hold for a few seconds then swollow. I have fibromyalgia and Endometriosis so usually on morphine/codeine with various hospital admissions. Works really well and hits the pain takes the edge off so I’m not taking strong pain meds.  Magnisum cream can help with lower back/hip and leg pain, I also take magnesium capsules at night as they help with cramps and reduce anxiety that comes with pain, I follow a struck diet also and really helps, topical creams can briefly help but the oil you internally take will have lasting effects with no side effects. Sorry if posted twice 

• Posted

Thank you I have read on other forums where others with fibromyalgia are taking the oils with good results! !
  • Posted

Yes, I have been using the legal CBD oil (without the psych tropic THX (?) oil which is illegal in the UK) for about 8 weeks now. I also started taking Turmeric capsules at the same time as apparently that is very good for inflammation. I also started on Magnesium supplement tablets as a lot of people are deficient in this and it helps with energy release in the muscles, and Vitamin D as again, a lot of people are deficient and if you Google Vitamin D deficiency symptoms you get a list that looks very much like fibromyalgia!

I take 2 or 3 drops of the 5% oil under my tongue, twice a day, two turmeric capsules of 400mg each and one of Vitamin D and Magnesium as the recommended dose (can't remember what that is offhand).

After 10 years of near despair and depression I am now virtually pain and fatigue free!!!!!

I don't really know which ingredient is causing my 'cure', maybe its the combination but I'm convinced the CBD oil effects my 'whole body' pain. I'm a total convert.  I'm still taking my prescription medication but that wasn't really working. It was after the Doctor refused my request to up the dosage that I considered using the CBD oil which has only recently been available to buy in the UK. I am going to now talk to the Doctor about coming off the massive list of medication he has me on as my liver is being adversely affected and if I can take the more natural alternatives for the rest of my life I will be a happy woman.

In answer to your final question, there are no side effects to the CBD oil (or any of the other stuff either).

Hope you have as much success as me if you try it - let us know on this forum if you can. Cheers and Good Luck.

• Posted

Hello, thank you for sharing g your results with me. I have recently read on other fybromialgia forums that many people are using the oils with good results. I will give it a try and share my results.
  • Posted

Hi Tannersna,

I've used CBD oil to manage my fibro pain and I've had no side affects at all. I hate the taste of it but that is the only issue. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.