Pain worse after ultrasound??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Strictly speaking I don't belong in this group as I was told yesterday that I do not have a cyst. However, I'm sure you've all had a pelvic ultrasound at some point so may have an answer?!!

I have had lower right pelvic pain, albeit mild, on and off for over a year and GP finally sent me for a scan - they looked at ovaries and uterus and told me yesterday that I have no problems with either one. I also have a recent prolapse which I am seeing GP about tomorrow, suspect it's my bladder. Will also be discussing further investigations of the possible cause of my pain now that cysts have been ruled out!

Since the US, which obviously involved a full bladder and much prodding, my pain is worse and I feel quite bruised, not centrally where the probe was but over on the right where my original pain is. Not sure if it's that my bladder has been aggravated by being so full (rarely an hour or 50mls go by normally!!), or that the US has caused some inflammation or bruising. Can't remember having this problem when I was pregnant.

Any ideas or experience anyone please??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've had several US in the past and do find that my bladder is pretty sore afterwards from being overly full and prodded. It could be swollen from the US. Not sure if that is what happened to you but just wanted to say that yes, you do often feel a little sore afterwards. smile
  • Posted

Hi I was pretty sure I had a full bladder when I went for ultrasound but she was pressing so hard on my stomach I thought I would pass it out.  In the end I had to tell her she was really hurting me, she said she had to press 'firmly' as my bladder was full.  Could have fooled me, I couldnt' drink another drop. But yes afterwards was really sore for quite a few days and in fact my tummy still feels quite tender sometimes.  So like Umbrielle, yep the US is probably the culprit.

• Posted

sorry my last post should say she pressed firmly because was bladder was NOT full - doh!
    • Posted

Thanks both biggrin It wasn't painful at the time, and she didn't go anywhere near the area that's painful now, but I suppose all the pressure (both from the US and the full bladder) has to have an effect somewhere! I'll mention to GP tomorrow, hopefully it'll pass soon.

Have just been doing some gardening - wasn't one of my better ideas rolleyes Pulling and bending...fool!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.