Pain worse than ever.....

Posted , 6 users are following.

But in my unoperated knee! It must be be the strain of doing all the hard work since September last year when the tkr one got really bad.

It feels like something is stuck behind the kneecap, and it's so swollen it's bigger than the one that's been operated on!!

I've got my follow up with my consultant in a weeks time, and my gp says to discuss it with him then rather than start a brand new referral, but at this rate I'm going to end up at a&e! It's really starting to get me down, my physio was going so well, but it's starting to suffer now as I can hardly bear weight on it......

Have any of you experienced anything similar?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes - I'm with you all the way there. When my consultant sent me for an ultrasound to see why my right TKR was hurting & swollen - the consultant radiologist insisted on doing both knees, as my left one was so swollen! I think it's because of the extra strain we've been putting on it. 2nd day of Flexique, it does say 48 hours before relief is noticed on forums, so we'll see. No way am I having the left one done, until this one works.
  • Posted

Yes funny you should bring this up I've been experiencing this all week. I just thought it was the strain because of the surgery but mine is bigger now too and is really bad. I'm seeing surgeon on Tuesday evening I've I'll ask him
  • Posted

poor you you were doing so well, I hope you are not too down,what a rotten blow, thinking of you and best wishes
  • Posted

I have also a pain problem with my other knee - it just feels too much sometimes that you have this awful op and then another joint starts hurting!!!! But am hoping that flexiseq will help, began it yesterday. Really don't want another op! Suspect its OA causing the pain cos its beginning in exactly the same way as TKR knee did 2 years ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.