Pain years after gall bladder removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone

I had my Gall bladder removed 19 years ago and I have been getting pain and chronic reflux over the last few months. 

I have been for all the tests, ultrasound, MCRP MRI but nothing is showing.

All I know is that I am in pain and am beginning to wonder if I'm going mad because they can't find anything.

Any Ideas?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had my gallbladder removed 5 years ago, I still get the pain, same place same intensity, been through tests, doctors can't explain it, but I know it's never went away so I know what your talking about, it's just trying to get diagnosis? 😗

• Posted

Hi

Glad to know I'm not the only one. You start to think it must be all in your head.

Do you get bad reflux with yours? 

• Posted

Yes, I'm on 80mg of esomeprazole a day for it, I've had a few recent endoscopys as it is getting worse, but you do sometimes think that you are imagining it or the doctors don't believe you, but I know I have pain, the same pain and I'm sorry if people don't believe me, but I know exactly what your talking about x

• Posted

I'm on Ranitidine. I had a endoscope too, nothing wrong apparently!

I had my on and off but this time the pain and reflux is staying, had it since before Christmas.

I feel like I'm on fire inside. Really don't know what the next move is.

Your right though if people don't believe you tough. But I really would like to find someone who would take me seriously.

Good luck and I hope you manage to sort your's out.

• Posted

Exactly, they found irritation of my guts on my last endoscope, however there has got to be answers for us, just maybe not in our lifetime 👽

• Posted

Sometimes gallbladder removal triggers IBS; ask your doctor about this.  If everything is negative, IBS can be diagnosed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.